Part-Time Office Assistant
The Atlanta Charter Middle School (ACMS) is seeking a part-time Office Assistant (up to 20 hours per week) for the 2009-2010 school year.
Roles and responsibilities:
The position of Part-Time Office Assistant is focused on general office functions and support of the administrative staff (Principal, Business Manager, Office Manager) encompassing the following roles and responsibilities:
- Staffing the main desk to answer phones, provide answers to general questions
- Coordinating basic school communication (Courier, school and U.S. mail, email listservs, student/family directory)
- Managing ordering and inventory of general office supplies
- Working in collaboration with principal to implement and insure compliance with school, district, and state policies and regulations
- Assisting with general health issues: first aid supplies, distribution of authorized medications, helping students to get picked up when sick
Successful candidates should possess comfort working with middle school students, strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, discretion, ability to work independently and as part of a team, and a willingness to learn. Solid computer skills are necessary. Flexibility, a caring approach with students and a sense of humor are a must!
Salary is commensurate with experience.
ACMS is a small charter school located in southeast Atlanta serving grades six through eight. The school is a member of the Coalition of Essential Schools. For more information about the school, visit our website at atlantachartermiddle.com.
Interested candidates for the position of Associate Teacher should send a cover letter and resume to Matt Underwood, Principal, at [email protected] or fax to 678-904-0052.