The Atlanta Charter Middle School (ACMS) is seeking full and part-time Associate Teachers for the 2009-2010 school year.
Roles and responsibilities:
The position of Associate Teacher will focus on supporting the Teacher and encompass the following primary roles and responsibilities:
- Planning curriculum and lessons with teacher and assist teacher in teaching students in a manner consistent with the common principles of the Coalition of Essential Schools
- Assist teacher with general class responsibilities, such as student assessment, classroom management, documentation, and communication with families
- Participate in staff meetings and professional development
- Fulfill other professional duties, such as supervision of morning/lunch/dismissal
Successful candidates should possess a willingness to collaborate with other teachers, a desire to develop interdisciplinary learning experiences that emphasize depth of thinking rather than breadth of coverage and that ask students to demonstrate mastery on the performance of meaningful tasks, an understanding of the developmental needs of middle school students, and familiarity with the principles of the Coalition of Essential Schools. Flexibility, a caring approach with students and a sense of humor are a must!
Specific preferred qualifications include:
- Degree and/or certification in content area is preferred (minimum of a high school diploma)
- Experience working with young people
Salary is commensurate with education and experience using Associate Teacher salary scale.
ACMS is a small charter school located in southeast Atlanta serving grades six through eight. The school is a member of the Coalition of Essential Schools. For more information about the school, visit our website at atlantachartermiddle.com.
Interested candidates for the position of Associate Teacher should send a cover letter and resume to Matt Underwood, Principal, at [email protected] or fax to 678-904-0052.