The Atlanta Charter Middle School (ACMS) anticipates teaching openings for the 2009-2010 school year and is seeking applicants interested in full or part-time positions in language arts, social studies, math, science, performing arts, visual arts, Spanish, and health/physical education
Roles and responsibilities:
Teaching positions at ACMS encompass the following primary roles and responsibilities:
- Developing curriculum individually and with groups of teachers aligned to the Georgia Performance Standards
- Teaching and assessing students in sixth, seventh, and/or eighth grades
- Creating a classroom environment conducive to learning for all students
- Managing professional responsibilities, such as participating in staff meetings, communicating with families, reflecting on teaching practice
Successful candidates should possess a willingness to collaborate with other teachers, a desire to develop interdisciplinary learning experiences that emphasize depth of thinking rather than breadth of coverage and that ask students to demonstrate mastery on the performance of meaningful tasks, an understanding of the developmental needs of middle school students, and familiarity with the principles of the Coalition of Essential Schools. Flexibility, a caring approach with students and a sense of humor are a must!
Specific qualifications that are preferred include:
- Georgia teacher certification in content area and/or completion of a teacher preparation program or degree in content area
- Experience working with middle school students
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
ACMS is a small charter school located in southeast Atlanta serving grade six through eight. The school is a member of the Coalition of Essential Schools. For more information about the school, visit our website at atlantachartermiddle.com.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Matt Underwood, Principal, at [email protected] or fax to 678-904-0052.