Middle School Office Assistant
The role of Office Assistant is a full-time position that provides support for the Principal and Office/Operations Manager. The Office Assistant reports directly to the Principal, and the position is responsible for the following tasks (in addition to other duties as assigned):
- Answering phones, transfer calls, taking messages, providing answers to general questions as initial face and voice of the school in main office
- Coordinating school and US mail
- Insuring general office policies and procedures are followed
- Attending to general health issues: maintain first aid supplies, distribution of authorized medications, letting students call home if sick
- Handling the intake of funds for general activities, such as field trips, meals, fundraisers, annual campaign, etc. and passing on to Business Manager in accordance with school policies and procedures
- Maintaining permanent record folders for all students, including working with Office/Operations Manager for verification of residency
- Overseeing the printing and distribution of progress and end of term reports and other communications between the school and familie
- Working in coordination with high school transition team and parents for any records requests
- Creating and maintaining accurate email listserves and student/family directory
- Creating orientation packets for new families
Successful candidates should possess strong written and oral communication skills, a willingness to collaborate with others, and a desire to work around middle school students and their families. Flexibility and a sense of humor are a must! Candidates with experience in a school or office setting and with strong computer skills are preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience, starting at approximately $20,000 for a 220-day employee. Benefits are available, and the employee will receive vacation time in conjunction with the school's calendar.
ACMS is a small charter school located in southeast Atlanta serving grade six through eight. The school is a member of the Coalition of Essential Schools. For more information about the school, visit our website at atlantachartermiddle.com.
Interested candidates for the position of Office Assistant should send a cover letter and resume to Matt Underwood, Principal, at [email protected] or fax to 678-904-0052.